Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Shoes and Shirt!

James is almost the Birthday Boy! It is his 1 year birthday in 4 days and his Grandma and Grandpa will be here to help celebrate. We had his one year appointment with the doctor. We had him weighed and measured. He weighs 21 lbs and 10 oz and he is 29 1/2 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for height and the 40th for weight so he is long and lean. James also got his 1 year shots and the last of his vaccine trial shots so he is all done with needles until 18 months. He took it all very well and recovered from the pokes almost immediately.

He is a walking fiend--he walks everywhere at home. He has also started walking outside in the park a bit. He was wearing his Robeez the first time and didn't like the gravel paths so we got him "real" shoes. This was a bit of a nightmare as shoe stores no longer sell children's shoes and there are no children's shoe stores here. Crazy! So, we ended up a FootLocker which has a big selection of shoes. He got Adidas runners--they have a removable liner with a sizing chart on them so you can take them out and make sure it is the right fit. James apparently has very large feet. The shoe guy said most 1 year olds have a size 3-4. James is a size 6 and they are wide. I don't know if the shoe salesman was right about average shoe size of infants, but James' feet do seem big and always have.

Okay, that is enough. Enjoy the photos and I will post more after the Big 1 Birthday Blow-Out!


I have a moose on my shirt and you DON'T! Grandma and Great Aunt Jackie picked this out when Grandma was in Victoria visiting. The moose's mouth is a flap and James likes to play with it.

Hi. See my moose?

Okay, these are my new shoes but it was a really long day of shopping and I am really tired and hungry!

I'm better! I have had some food. See my new shoes? I am really fast in them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks so tall! I can't wait to see him again! So cute - I hope you have a great happy birthday day with you beautiful boy. See you soon.
Love, Laurel