Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa in Halifax

Jamie's grandparents, Bob and Linda, arrived on Wednesday and we have been having tonnes of fun with them since they got here. Yesterday we stayed in Halifax and they watched James in his swim class. Then we went to Point Pleasant Park and walked around half the park. It was sunny and hot (about 30) and James had his cute hat on. Jeff and I got a bit sunburned on our arms but James was okay and that was the main part. James practiced walking but needed some help over the uneven grass.

After Point Pleasant Park, we drove around the other side of the Halifax Harbour and went to the York Redoubt which was the "other" harbour defense. Everyone knows about Citadel Hill but the York Redoubt is just on the other side of the NorthWest Arm and it is open to the public so we enjoyed walking around there too. The day ended with tasty fish and chips at Phil's.

Walking is hard. I'm taking a break!

Grandpa and Daddy had to help a little.

Grandma Linda at Point Pleasant Park.

Dad! I'm done with this walking--PICK ME UP!

Yeah! Daddy picked me up. Now I am happy!

We had ice cream and now Grandpa is giving me a shoulder ride. This is a pretty good day!

The York Redoubt. Hi Mommy!

I love my Grandpa!

Grandma Linda looking out over the water at the York Redoubt.


No comments: