Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 9, 2008

James' First Birthday!

Today was James' 1st Birthday! We went down to the harbour and spent the morning with Grandma Lin and Grandpa. We walked on the harbour and looked at the clipper ships that are here for part of an around the world race. This evening, we had his Big Birthday Party. We had pizza and cake. James loved the pizza--cheese pizza for him--but was not as keen on the cake. He played with it for a while and then stuffed a big piece in his mouth and promptly gagged and spat it out--what a Big Boy! I am glad I got a cake that the adults would enjoy (lemon and raspberry pound cake with raspberry filling--YUM!). After cake, James was a mess so it was into the tub and jammies and then time to open presents. All in all, a good first birthday for a little 1 year old boy.

James on his original Birth Day! It is hard to believe that a year has passed and he has trebled in size and is walking and babbling.

Wearing my big boy outfit with the matching hat. This outfit just fits now and is super cute so we thought it was perfect for a hot birthday party (and by "hot" I mean it was 33 degrees with the humidity today!).

James walking on the harbour. Daddy always stayed close as there are openings that a little guy could fall through. Since it was so sunny, James got 2 applications of SPF 45 while we were out. Jeff and I got burned the day we went to Point Pleasant Park so we didn't want that for Jamie.

Hi Grandpa! I'm looking at you, looking at me!

On the Boardwalk! We were having fun!

I am a big boy in my stroller in front of the clipper ships.

Walking with Grandma Lin!

Playing at the boat park with Grandpa.

Big boy with Grandpa!

The Boys on the Water.

My pretty birthday cake.

Birthday Boy With Cake.

Yummmm! Pizza!

I don't get this candle-thing Mommy.

Hmmm, so you call this cake?


Cake you say? Well, it is squishy.

Mmmm! I love making a mess.

I am a messy pig boy!

Ohhhh. Presents!

Yeah! Tub toys from Phyl and Peter! Thanks a bunch. These will be fun.
James also got some books and DVDs from Grandma and Grandpa and a wagon that will wait for us in Calgary. Mommy and Daddy gave him chicks in eggs and some books. He loves the peek-a-boo book with the flaps that hide things. And, my camera died so I will get a picture of him with the eggs later--they make more sense than trying to explain them. It was a good birthday for the little guy.



No comments: