Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grandpa and Jamie at the Park

Tuesday was James' last day with his Grandma Lin and Grandpa Bob. It was cool and cloudy. Jeff and Bob took James to the park and had a lot of fun there. Linda and I stayed home and relaxed. It was a great week and we were so glad they could come out for Jamie's 1st Birthday. The only downside was that their flight was 2 hours late and we didn't look so they had a long wait at the airport--and that isn't very exciting! But, they are home now and getting ready to be invaded, first by Daniel (Grandson #1) for a few days, and then by the three of us when we come out to find a place to live. Here are the park pictures (I made Jeff take the camera). James looks like he had a great time. Bob too!

Going down the BIG slide with Grandpa. I've never done this slide before. This is exciting!

Yeah, going down the slide like a big boy!

I am such a big boy and so proud of myself.

This car is fun.

Driving my car.
Driving with Grandpa. We like to go FAST!

I LOVE THE SWING!!!


Climbing the rope wall. I am so ready to be climbing on my own--not!

We haven't done much since Grandma and Grandpa left. James has been very into reading books the last little while. While they were here, if we asked "What does a puppy say?", he would say "fffff" and then once when I asked him what a bird said, he also said "ffffff." But, he stopped doing that. Now he only says "ffffff" for doggy or puppy, and has added an "R" sound in front sometimes so it is "rffff". He says "Baa, Baa, Baa" for sheep, he makes a "mmmo" sound for cow, and if it is another animal (like a bear or a rabbit), he just looks at us like we are idiots because he clearly doesn't know those ones. We are working on 'GRRRRR" for Bear. I don't know what sound a rabbit makes. Other than that, we are just packing slowly and getting ready to come out for 2 weeks. There may not be many postings for a while. Talk to you soon!

No comments: