Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

James is a Big Boy!

I took James for his 18 month appointment yesterday.  It was a bit of a gong show.  In the eternal bureaucratic ridiculousness that exists, they decided that because James got his 1 year vaccines 12 days before his 1 year birthday that this cannot possibly confer immunity and that he: a) could not get his 18 month vaccines; and b) had to have his 12 month repeated.  It seemed a waste but there was no arguing with them.  We now have to go back mid-December for his 18 month vaccines.  It doesn't hurt him to be doubly immunized but it does seem a slight waste of resources!  Oh well.  Since he was just a brave boy, we went to the bookstore and got him a cool book on Tractors with flaps to find things--he loves it.

He was also weighed and measured and is continuing his trend of being perfectly proportional.  He is 50th -- 75th percentile for both height and weight.  He is 32.5 inches tall and weighs 26 1/2 pounds--so he is pretty solid.  All is well now and here are some photos of James looking at his new tractor book this morning.

I love my new book and I can work some of the flaps all by myself!

I like my book but I am also trying to see the T.V.--so MOVE, Mom!

Ahh, a book and a T.V. show--what more could a boy ask for?  Nothing.

No comments: