Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fun in Saskatoon

Jeff, Jamie, and I drove to Saskatoon with my other sister, Heather, for our sister Susan's wedding. It was a long drive and we were pretty tired when we got in but we needed to stretch our legs so we went for a long walk. Here is most of the family.


Mom (Linda), Heather, Laurel (our aunt), Susan, Jamie, and Jeff. I am taking the picture--of course.

We went to the Museum of Antiquities at the University of Saskatchewan and Jamie liked the little boy playing with a goose.

Here is Jamie reading a book in his grandma's rocking chair. This was my mother's rocking chair and was, I think, her Christmas present when she was just a baby. There are pictures of her in it and pictures of me in it and now there are pictures of Jamie in it. He LOVED this chair. But, he is a daredevil and, more than once, he rocked so hard, he tipped it over on himself.

Reading his Night Cars book from Great-Auntie Jackie and Great-Uncle Gord.

Climbing in the chair--what a monkey!

Across from Mom's is a big park called Kinsmen Park. It has a little fair that is there year round but only operates in the summer. Again, it has been there since my mother was a kid and we all went to it when we were little. Since I was born in August, I had my first ride when I was only a few weeks old. James seemed to enjoy it more at his age. Here he is riding the merry-go-round with Great-Auntie Laurel.

Resting with Mommy and Auntie Laurel.

Yeah! This is his third and final ride and he finally gets it. He giggled and laughed and seemed to have lots of fun. We'll be back next summer for round 2!

No comments: