Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2007

James Jeffrey: June 9, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Jeff, James, and I are home from the hospital now. Since emailing photos doesn't work well and we have the blog, this is where things will be.

James is wonderful--he and Daddy are cooking pasta for supper. James was born at 11:01PM on Saturday, June 9th after 12 hours of induced labour--if my girlfriends want the nitty-gritty details they should email me (no one else wants to know but I will say this: GET THE EPIDURAL!!). Jeff was AMAZING through the whole labour as I knew he would be and has been a rock for me ever since. James weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 19 inches long.

We were very surprised that he was a he since we really thought "girl" all the way through the pregnancy so we had to sleep on his name and try a few out. We decided that he is a James and I have been calling him Jamie. He is a good eater and a pretty good sleeper--he seems a better sleeper in the half hour we have been home than at the hospital. He really likes to be cuddled by his Daddy and he curls up like a little chimp on Jeff's chest--it is very cute. We have decided that he is pretty precious and we will keep him!

Here are some photos. The first is me the night before the induction as pregnant as I eas ever going to look. The next two are James right after his delivery--covered in smultz (and looking a LOT like his cousin Daniel--no surprise) and then being weighed in at just shy of 6-15 (they rounded up).




No comments: