Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 13, 2007

A Free Moment

My mother left this morning--the car came for her at 6am so I have been up since about 5am. Jeff and James went back to bed after Grandma left but I was awake so I stayed up and have used this hour to Blog my heart out. My mother has been here for just over 3 weeks and my middle sister, Heather, was here for just over a week so we have been on the go a lot. Which means that there have been LOTS of pictures but then I haven't had much time to do anything with them on a regular basis--so this was my chance!! As a result, there are about 5 postings all at once (partly because I can only seem to put up 5 pictures at a time and I have WAY MORE than that!!). Sorry for the overload but, never fear, since we don't have visitors for the next little while, we probably won't have as many pictures (though there still will be some as I am addicted to my digital camera and to James).

Here is James on his wonderful quilt made by his Gramma Lin (Jeff's Mom is Gramma Lin and my Mom--also named Linda--is Grandma or Grandma Linda or Grandma T). As you can see, James has rolled onto his side from his back. He does this all the time. Usually as soon as you put him on his back, he rolls left or right onto his side and he has almost rolled all the way onto his stomach. He is nice and alert here--what a big boy!

Again, this is his turtle face. He is on his tummy here and puts his hands under his chest and pushes up--the he rolls over onto his back! And he will now do it when he is not mad about being on his tummy so we think he has reached that milestone (very early according to his doctor). He will also roll either right or left. He has done it often enough now that it is not just a fluke.

Here is James again on his lovely Lullabye Sailboats quilt from Gramma Lin. He is growing quite a bit, this sleeper and a couple of others are getting too small and we have actually had to retired one sleeper that is too short. What a porkchop! Not really but we like to encourage him and make him feel good about himself!

We went yesterday and got James a playpen--which they no longer call playpens, they call them "Play-Yards" which I guess had a more feel-good connotation rather than "I am penning up my child"--which we are because we think he is going to be crawling early and we want him to be happy to play in a confined space while Mommy and/or Daddy work! He seemed to like it. It has a bassinet with a toy bar and he is now paying attention to toys--he didn't do that last week so this is a new level of alertness.

Here is James and Grandma T on her last morning here. He is wearing the sleep sack that Mom made for him with the matching hat--which I call his "Muffin Man" hat! I think it is so cute. I have matching slippers so we go together. The best thing is that it now fits--when Mom arrived, the hat was about an inch or so too big around and now it fits which means his head has grown a lot! After this, we walked down with Mom to the car. We are sad to see her go but it was a really good visit and she will come back--try to keep her away!!

That's all for now--enjoy the rest of the posts below from the last week.

No comments: